Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
VanS

Default How to turn off column letter headings?

How do I turn off column letter headings in Excel so that it is just blank? I
couldn't seem to find anything in MS documentation?
Thanks, blessings
Van
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

Van, tools, options, uncheck row and column headers

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"VanS" wrote in message
How do I turn off column letter headings in Excel so that it is just

blank? I
couldn't seem to find anything in MS documentation?
Thanks, blessings
Van

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

ToolsOptionsView tab, uncheck Row & Column headers.

As it says, you lose your row headers as well.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"VanS" wrote in message
How do I turn off column letter headings in Excel so that it is just
blank? I
couldn't seem to find anything in MS documentation?
Thanks, blessings
Van

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
VanS

Paul,
Thanks for your reply. Followup questions:
I want to turn off just the column headers, not the row headers.
Can you tell me how to do just that, and secondly, not just for each
worksheet invidividually, but for all worksheets in the workbook? How can I
do that?
And also, do you know the syntax to do that programmatically in VBA?
Thanks, God bless
Van

"VanS" wrote in message
How do I turn off column letter headings in Excel so that it is just

blank? I
couldn't seem to find anything in MS documentation?
Thanks, blessings
Van

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

VanS, it is both on or off you can not do on or the other, you could cut
them off and number the rows yourself, you could put in a number for each
row or put in =ROW() and copy down this way they will change if you insert
or delete a row, here is one way to cut them all off at once in the workbook

Sub Cutoff_display_headings()
Dim sh As Worksheet
For Each sh In Worksheets
sh.Activate