Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JENNYC

Default Setting to stop error messages from showing?

Hi there! Is there a way to stop the error messages from showing?

For example: I have a table that is pulling info from another sheet
(using formulas in ea cell)...in the cells that DO NOT pull info over
they come up as "#N/A"...is there any way for me to tell excel to just
NOT give me an error message...leaving it blank instead?

--
JENNYC
JENNYC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19579

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi JENNYC,
=IF(ISERROR(your formula here),"",your formula here)
is one way.
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JENNYC

Perfect! thanks Ken!! :)

--
JENNYC
JENNYC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19579
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516347

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JENNYC

I spoke too soon! Here's the formula i'm trying...and it tells me the
formula contains an error...is it maybe becasue you can't do that when
using VLOOKUP? Or did i miss something?....

=if(iserror(=VLOOKUP($A$1,'[03 Mar06 Finance
DOC.xls]IS2'!$A4:$N4,2,FALSE)),"",=VLOOKUP($A$1,'[03 Mar06 Finance
DOC.xls]IS2'!$A4:$N4,2,FALSE))

--
JENNYC
JENNYC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19579
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=516347

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi JENNYC,
I should have mentioned to drop the equals sign, as Sloth has
indicated. Thanks Sloth.
Ken Johnson