Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
labels using an Outlook contact category

Default Calendaring by weeks

I want to create an event calendar in Excel by setting up formulas (event
date minus two weeks for reminder cards), (event date minus six weeks for
invitations) based on the end date. Is there an easy way to subtract weeks
in the calendar function?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

To which calendar function do you refer?

In cells,say the event date is in A2, for the reminder cards in B2 enter

=A2-14

and for the invitations in C2 enter

=A2-42

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"labels using an Outlook contact category"
icrosoft.com wrote in
message ...
I want to create an event calendar in Excel by setting up formulas (event
date minus two weeks for reminder cards), (event date minus six weeks for
invitations) based on the end date. Is there an easy way to subtract
weeks
in the calendar function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
labels using an Outlook contact category

What I am looking for is a little more complicated. I am using the
=DATE(year, month,day) function. Yes, I can always put in the (-14 or -42)
for the day calculaton. What I need is to create a template with about 12
calculations built around an end date, and then be able to plug in various
end dates and then see the dependent dates all change. Unfortunately, the
way Excel calendaring seems to work, I would have to retype all the dependent
calculations with each new date change. Hope this is understandable. Thanks
for your help.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

I'm sorry, i don't really understand, can you set out an actual example in
this thread of what you want to see and I'm sure there is way.

I am not sure how much you understand on Excel date/times, so you may get an
answer here

www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Victoria

Dear Nick,

You are exactly right about my not understanding the date function. I didn't
know what I didn't know. I had taken a Microsoft online tutorial which never
mentioned the simple subtractin that you showed me. I finally gave your idea
a try and Voila! It worked. Thanks for your patience and the link, which I
will very much needed. I wish Microsoft offered a more helpful tutorial.