Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Dvorkin

Default copy to the clipboard and into another workbook

Hi everyone!

I have two workbooks which for some strange reason can not be opened at
the same time.
I need to copy one column from one workbook into another workbook.
I mean I need to copy all the formulas and function calls in a column of
one worksheet
into a worksheet of another workbook.

If I select the column and click "copy" then click close the workbook, I
am prompted to
save it to the clipboard.
After that I open the target workbook select the sheets and paste it
into the target column.
Only the values are copied but not the formulas/functions.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help,
/mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

Mark

We need to address why you cannot open the other workbook at the same
time??? When asking to save the clipboard Excel is converting it to values
as if you are going to paste it into Word for example you would want the
values, not the formula. Excel seems to have it's own clipboard for
transferring the formula layer, but when you are closing the file, that is
gone.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Mark Dvorkin" wrote in message
Hi everyone!

I have two workbooks which for some strange reason can not be opened at
the same time.
I need to copy one column from one workbook into another workbook.
I mean I need to copy all the formulas and function calls in a column of
one worksheet
into a worksheet of another workbook.

If I select the column and click "copy" then click close the workbook, I
am prompted to
save it to the clipboard.
After that I open the target workbook select the sheets and paste it into
the target column. Only the values are copied but not the
formulas/functions.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help,
/mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Not really understanding why you cannot open ttwo workbooks but, maybe you
have two Excel applications opened?

If you can open the first workbook then ADD a new workbook then you could go
to Options and enable Show all formulas then select all cells then paste it
into a NEW workbook etc...