Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Slovenc0417 via OfficeKB.com

Default Shading a range of cells

I would like to automatically shade a range of cells a certain color based on
data entered into a cell withing that range.

For example, I have a row in which I am entering data, "community name", "lot
number", "buyer name" and weather or not the contract is based on a
"contingency". If the answer is "yes", I want the row to automatically
highlight to red. If the answer is "no", then I want it to highlight to
"green".

I have done this once, but for the life of me, I can not rememer how.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj

check out <format<conditional format
use fomula is referencing the cell of interest