Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlb1228

Default Print pages in a different order

This is weird but can it be done? I have an 8 page excel spreadsheet and
when i print it of course it prints out in the order that it is in excel.
But i want the pages to print in a different order. For example can it print
page 2 then 1 then 5 and so on. Is this possible. We complete the
spreadsheet in the order that it is in but would like it to print in a
different order
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"dlb1228" wrote in message
This is weird but can it be done? I have an 8 page excel spreadsheet and
when i print it of course it prints out in the order that it is in excel.
But i want the pages to print in a different order. For example can it
print
page 2 then 1 then 5 and so on. Is this possible. We complete the
spreadsheet in the order that it is in but would like it to print in a
different order

If it's not a lot of pages (meaning, this would be burdensome), click File,
Print, and then work in the Page Range area. Using your example, tell it to
first print From 2, and To 2. That'll print just page 2. Then, do the same
with page 1. Finally, tell it From 3 To 5. If this is something you're going
to do often, record a macro while you do the manual steps, and attach it to
a toolbar button. Here's what I got by doing that:

Sub PrintOutofOrder()
'
' PrintOutofOrder Macro
' Macro recorded 2/23/2006 by Doug Kanter
'

'
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=2, To:=2, Copies:=1, Collate
_
:=True
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate
_
:=True
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=3, To:=4, Copies:=1, Collate
_
:=True

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

....or, hook the macro to a button that you place on the sheet itself. Format
the button so it does not print. This way, the button travels with the
sheet.