Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike@Syrris

Default Excel Crash when MS Query Add-in is enabled

Hi,
I have just started to get a very strange crash in Excel 2000(sp3)
(Win2000pro-sp4) which seems to be related to enableing the MS Query
add-in.

With this checked, when I start Excel, as soon as I type in a cell on
the blank sheet, it crashes with a memory read error. There are no
other hidden sheets loaded and only a couple of other add-ins (VBA and
Solver). If I disable MS Query, all seems fine - though I've had it
enabled for the last couple of years without problems.

I've checked my RAM, replaced the three MS Query files in
...\library\MSquery with known good copies and "repaired" my copy of
Excel but to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

Mike P

--