Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dudley

Default Putting macros on a toolbar

I have Office XP and in Word I have macros on the toolbar. I go to customise
toolbar and select commands and then macros, I then see the macros listed and
I can drag them to the toolbar. But when I do this in Excel the macros are
not listed, just 'Custom menu item' and 'Custom button'. How do I get the
macros?

Thanks
Dudley
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

drag the icon to the toolbar.
rightclick on the icon (with that tools|customize dialog visible)
and choose assign macro.

When I want to create a toolbar, I do it via code:

I really like the way John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

It makes life much easier when the files are renamed/relocated/shared with
others.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dudley

Thanks. That solves the problem. I don't know why they have to make it so
much more complicated than in Word.
Dudley