-   -   sharing data between sheets in a spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/73450-sharing-data-between-sheets-spreadsheet.html)

[email protected]

sharing data between sheets in a spreadsheet

I'd like to use data from one tab of a spreadsheet to be used in an
equation in another tab. For instance, I'd like my income planner tab
to call data from my forecast spreadsheet one tab over. Is there a way
I can do that?

Michael Glenn

sharing data between sheets in a spreadsheet

Simply put the name of the tab followed by ! and the cell reference.

Example: =Tab2!A1 refers to data in cell A1 of the tab named Tab2

" wrote:

I'd like to use data from one tab of a spreadsheet to be used in an
equation in another tab. For instance, I'd like my income planner tab
to call data from my forecast spreadsheet one tab over. Is there a way
I can do that?

dlw

sharing data between sheets in a spreadsheet

=sheetname!cell for example =sheet1!a1 would be cell a1 in sheet1