Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Big Rick

Default Column Widths

Hello Folks
When I create a new worksheet my my ExcelXP works computer and extend the
column widt to 100 pixels, this will equate to size 13.57. If I were to open
this on my Excel2003 home computer, this will stay the same.
If however, I start a new worksheet on my home computer a 100 pixel column
is only approx 11.50 in size.
All row sizes stay constant.
Please can some explain why this is so.

Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
Thanking you in anticipation
--
Big Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

I'd guess the two machines have a different default font name or size under
Excel's Tools, Options, General. If not that then perhaps a different DPI
setting under Windows, Display Properties, Settings, Advanced.

--
Jim
"Big Rick" wrote in message
| Hello Folks
| When I create a new worksheet my my ExcelXP works computer and extend the
| column widt to 100 pixels, this will equate to size 13.57. If I were to
open
| this on my Excel2003 home computer, this will stay the same.
| If however, I start a new worksheet on my home computer a 100 pixel column
| is only approx 11.50 in size.
| All row sizes stay constant.
| Please can some explain why this is so.
|
| Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
| Thanking you in anticipation
| --
| Big Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Big Rick

Thanks for the reply.
I will try this when I get home and let you know.
--
Big Rick