-   -   How can I disable Help in Excel (especially the <F1 key)? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/72446-how-can-i-disable-help-excel-especially-f1-key.html)

sonic_d_hog

How can I disable Help in Excel (especially the <F1 key)?

I use the <F2 key constantly to enter the edit mode and sometimes I
accidentally hit the <F1 instead, starting Excel's help feature. Can I make
it stop?

Dave Peterson

How can I disable Help in Excel (especially the <F1 key)?

Chip Pearson says that he actually "fixed" his keyboard by taking that key off.
Others say that they left the key, but removed the spring underneath.

But you could use a couple of macros (one to disable and one to enable):

Option Explicit
Sub disableF1()
Application.OnKey "{f1}", ""
End Sub