Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
thekovinc

Default Multiple if criteria in one statement (if/sumproduct)

Hello. I am having a problem with extremely long formulas, and I was
wondering if there was any way to tidy them up a little bit.

I have a set of data that has a column with the date it was entered
into the spreadsheet. I am currently trying to gather all the data
that was entered on Mondays.

ie. The dates 38719, 38726, 38733, 38740, 38747, and 38754 (all the
Monday dates in 2006).

I am currently using sumproduct formulas to determine the dollar value
of items entered on Mondays, are a certain type of item, and another
criteria. So my formula currently looks like:

=sumproduct((Criteria 1)*(Criteria 2)*(Criteria 3), (Dollar Value))

This works fine for a range of dates or a single date, but I am curious
if there is any way to be able to put the range of above Monday dates
into a single criteria field of the sumproduct formula. I would also
love to know if there is another way of doing this without using
sumproduct.

Thanks much!

Nick

--
thekovinc
thekovinc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29378

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

The criteria for finding Mondays would be:

WEEKDAY(date_cell)= 2

as WEEKDAY returns 1 for Sunday, 2 for Monday etc.

You could use an array formula instead of SUMPRODUCT, along the lines
of:

=SUM(IF((criterion1)*(criterion2)*(criterion3),ran ge_to_sum,0))

but it will be about as long as the SUMPRODUCT formula and will have to
be entered with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

you can use the WEEKDAY function so you don't need a range.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(A1:A10)=2),B1:B10)

"thekovinc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
thekovinc

Thanks a lot!