Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pyronius

Default Is it even possible?

Ok I have an excel problem I am trying to figure out if it is even
possible to do.

I am going to have column A where data will be entered.. then I am
going to have a B column where all possible entries for A will be
listed.. then I also have a C column to the right of B column that has
numbers that correspond to each item in B column.

What I want to do is have column D, that refers to the entry in column
A, matches it in column B and the displays the corresponding entry from
column C.

Anyone understand and think this might be possible?

Thanks

-Josh

--
Pyronius
Pyronius's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31640

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Barb Reinhardt

OK, let's do this in steps.

In column B, enter the data that you want to allow in Column A.

In Cell A2, do the following:

Data | Validations | Settings Tab | Choose ALLOW LIST
Select the source of the list in column B and OK
Copy A2 down as necessary.

Enter the info to match B in column C.
In column D2, enter the following
=VLOOKUP(A2,B$2:C$11,2,FALSE)

Keep in mind that B$2:C$11 may change depending on the range of your values
for column A and the match for column B.

Copy D2 down.

Good luck!

Barb Reinhardt

"Pyronius" wrote:

[...]