Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JeffShone

Default Finding the top ten scores

Hi I hope someone can help me.

I have an exel spreadsheet that I am using to record the scores for a
Quiznight. The teams are listed in one column, the table number they
are sat at in another and the scores they have attained in the final
column. What I want to be able to do is use this data to import into a
powerpoint presentation, (I have already worked out to do this) but
what I want it to show is only the top 10 scores. There are 54 teams
all together. Can anyone give me an idea how to do this?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Regards
Jeff

--
JeffShone
JeffShone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31621

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim May

=LARGE($A$1:$A$5,1) ' wil get Highest

=LARGE($A$1:$A$5,2)
Will get next highest, etc

"JeffShone" wrote
in message ...

Hi I hope someone can help me.

I have an exel spreadsheet that I am using to record the scores for a
Quiznight. The teams are listed in one column, the table number they
are sat at in another and the scores they have attained in the final
column. What I want to be able to do is use this data to import into a
powerpoint presentation, (I have already worked out to do this) but
what I want it to show is only the top 10 scores. There are 54 teams
all together. Can anyone give me an idea how to do this?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Regards
Jeff

--
JeffShone
JeffShone's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=513137

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JeffShone

Thanks Jim

Do I need to make another spreadsheet for this and then link powerpoint
to this new spredsheet?

Could you type out the formula for me?

Regards
Jeff