Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DMB

Default How do I make my functions public to all workbooks?

1. what does the .xla do for me? Personal.xla?
2. I have 2 modules in my personal.xls w/ functions in them but I dont seem
to have access to them from another worksheet.

I wrote this function

Function CopyFormula(sSumRng As Range) As String
Application.Volatile True
CopyFormula = sSumRng.Formula
End Function

so that when I enter this into a cell on a worksheet
=copyformula("A1")

I get the actual formula and not the result. The only way I can get this to
work is by placing this into a module within the current excel workbook that
I am working in. I too want to put all of my functions in a single file,
personal.xls/xla, so that they are available to any workbook. It sounds like
I need to reference the personal workbook and or the function module to make
this work. How do I do that? Or How do I use the xla extension to shortcut
the solution?

Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme

Use =Personal!CopyFormula
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"DMB" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Try using

=Personal.xls!copyformula(A1)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DMB" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DMB

Someone else mentioned that adding the .xla extension to the personal file, I
think, makes my functions in the personal file public. Do you know anything
like this? I am going to try it but I am flying blind.