Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Emilystorey

Default Comparing 2 spreadhsheets

How can I filter 2 spreadsheets to include only those entries that are
on both?

sheet 1 has ref number and address' of all, sheet 2 has ref number and
oputstanding balances of those that have overdue payments. I want to
send mailmerge letters to those customers with outstanding balances but
need to access their addresses from the other spreadsheet - there are
toomany to do manually.

--
Emilystorey
Emilystorey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31534

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BenjieLop

Emilystorey Wrote:
How can I filter 2 spreadsheets to include only those entries that are
on both?

sheet 1 has ref number and address' of all, sheet 2 has ref number and
oputstanding balances of those that have overdue payments. I want to
send mailmerge letters to those customers with outstanding balances but
need to access their addresses from the other spreadsheet - there are
toomany to do manually.

One way to get the addresses of those with outstanding balances ...

ASSUME that in sheet 1, column A has the reference numbers and column B
has the addressess.

ASSUME that the range in Sheet 1 is A2:B500

ASSUME that in sheet 2, column A has the reference numbers and column B
has the outstanding balances.

ASSUME that your data in Sheet 2 starts in Cell A2.

And with all these assumptions, enter this formula is Cell C2 of sheet
2,

=IF(B2=\"\",\"\",VLOOKUP(A2,SHEET1!$A$2:$B$500,2,0 ))

and copy down until your range requirement in Sheet 2 is met.

Column C of sheet 2 will now show you the addresses of those with
outstanding balances.

Hope this will help you...

Regards.

--