Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila Innes

Default Counting in Excel

I have a spreadsheet with T8, T9 and T10 in a single column, Column C. I
have the sum to count each individually. I now need to be able, in column F,
to count the Y and N, split out by T8, T9 and T10 (column C). I've tried
counta and countif, putting in different parameters but it doesn't work.
I also in column H need to count the Y's again split out by T8, T9 and T10
and in column I (where I have dates) need to count them by T8, T9 and T10.
Help please

Sheila
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Not sure what you mean by split out but maybe something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((C1:C100="T9")*(F1:F100="Y"))

"Sheila Innes" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with T8, T9 and T10 in a single column, Column C. I
have the sum to count each individually. I now need to be able, in column F,
to count the Y and N, split out by T8, T9 and T10 (column C). I've tried
counta and countif, putting in different parameters but it doesn't work.
I also in column H need to count the Y's again split out by T8, T9 and T10
and in column I (where I have dates) need to count them by T8, T9 and T10.
Help please

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila Innes

Hi

No, that gave me 0, then when I changed 100 to 739 (which is how far the
columns go down, I got N/A.

By split out, I mean separated so that I have individual counts for each,
e.g. T8, 320 T9, 275 T10, 105

"Sheila Innes" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with T8, T9 and T10 in a single column, Column C. I
have the sum to count each individually. I now need to be able, in column F,
to count the Y and N, split out by T8, T9 and T10 (column C). I've tried
counta and countif, putting in different parameters but it doesn't work.
I also in column H need to count the Y's again split out by T8, T9 and T10
and in column I (where I have dates) need to count them by T8, T9 and T10.
Help please

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

#N/A usually means that the ranges are not the same size, or the data
contains #N/A. Either needs to be corrected.

Pinmaster's formula was for one specific instance, you would need to have
new for each instance. Maybe better to store the test values T8, T9, etc. in
say M1:M10 and then in N1 add

=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$1:$C$739=M1),--(($F$1:$F$739="Y"))

and copy down to get all the answers

Or use a pivot table.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sheila Innes" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with T8, T9 and T10 in a single column, Column C.

have the sum to count each individually. I now need to be able, in

column F,
to count the Y and N, split out by T8, T9 and T10 (column C). I've

tried
counta and countif, putting in different parameters but it doesn't

work.
I also in column H need to count the Y's again split out by T8, T9 and

T10
and in column I (where I have dates) need to count them by T8, T9 and

T10.
Help please

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila Innes

Hi Bob

No that didn't work either. I got an error messge up that there was a fault
in the calculation and should they fix it. I said yes and ended up with 0
again.

"Sheila Innes" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with T8, T9 and T10 in a single column, Column C.

have the sum to count each individually. I now need to be able, in

column F,
to count the Y and N, split out by T8, T9 and T10 (column C). I've

tried
counta and countif, putting in different parameters but it doesn't

work.
I also in column H need to count the Y's again split out by T8, T9 and

T10
and in column I (where I have dates) need to count them by T8, T9 and

T10.
Help please

Sheila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

I had one too many brackets in it, that is why.

Can you post me your workbook?