Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default List Dependencies

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.
I have two dropdown lists and for each element on one list I have a
corresponding element on the other list. When the user selects an item
from list one - I want to automatically populate the second cell with
the corresponding element.

Example:
A 10
B 20
C 30
D 40
E 50

So when user picks 'B' from the first drop down list. The adjacent cell
changes to '20'
Do I need some VBA or is there a simpler solution?

Thanks in advance,
Vinnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Use INDIRECT.

If your first list is in A1 and your second list in B1 then in B1
Data/Validation , "list" from the "Allow" menu and in the formula box type: =
INDIRECT(A1)

HTH
Jean-Guy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.
I have two dropdown lists and for each element on one list I have a
corresponding element on the other list. When the user selects an item
from list one - I want to automatically populate the second cell with
the corresponding element.

Example:
A 10
B 20
C 30
D 40
E 50

So when user picks 'B' from the first drop down list. The adjacent cell
changes to '20'
Do I need some VBA or is there a simpler solution?

Thanks in advance,
Vinnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's great!