Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sammy2x

Default Sorting

Hi,

Lets say I have a list of Sales Reps in column A, Turnover Figures in
B, Cost Value in C, Margin in D etc etc.......

I need to sort them, sometimes by Rep, some times by Margin ascending,
sometimes by Turnover Ascending etc etc.

Are there any formulas I can use to do this instead of using the sort
function EVERY TIME

Cheers Guys

--
sammy2x
sammy2x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29674

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
broro183

Hi Sammy,

Have a look at Dave's suggested technique on Debra's site:
http://contextures.com/xlSort02.html

btw, there is a very similar thread to yours which is recent & where I
saw this link - I just can't find it at the moment.

Hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to exxperience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

right click sheet tabview codeinsert thisname your range sortrangesave.
Now double click anywhere in the desired column to sort by that column.

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Excel.Range, Cancel
As Boolean)
mycol = ActiveCell.Column
[sortrange].Sort Key1:=Cells(1, mycol), Order1:=xlAscending,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"sammy2x" wrote in