Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wdverner

Default compare excel rows

Hi all,
I have an excel sheet with hundred rows. Each row has 10 colums of data.
What I want to do is compare row 1 to row 2 and count the number of
differences between the 10 columns. I then want to compare row 1 to rpw 3 and
count the difference etc.

Firstly is there a way of doing this?! If so whats the best approach?

Many thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bob777

You could set up another 10x100 block to the right of the existing one
and in rows 2 to 100 put in a formula:

in k2 put

=if(a2=a$1,0,1)

then copy this down and across

just add up the ones in each row from column k across.

I am sure there are lots more ways.

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28504

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

Assuming your data starts in A1, put this in K1 and copy down:

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$J$1<A2:J2)*1)

--
Jim