-   -   Why won't my Word open files in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/71451-why-wont-my-word-open-files-excel.html)

p-oedkc

Why won't my Word open files in Excel?

I am trying to print mailing labels from an Excel database using Word Mail
Merge. When I get to the point where I open the Excel database, it doesn't
open. All I get is some kind of coded nonsense. Any attempts to de-code are
futile. Word will not open any of my files, Excel or otherwise. What's
happening?

Anne Troy

Why won't my Word open files in Excel?

Try Word troubleshooting: