Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Renee Nguy

Default Excel Formula

This is what I currently have:
C1=A1+B1
C2=A1+B1+B2
C3=A1+B1+B2+B3
Please help me create a formula so I can drag down column C and it will pick
up B4 and B5 and B6 and so on.
Thank you so much.
Renee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj

the simplest way is to use theC1 equation you have
in C2 use
=c1+B2
and copy down.
"Renee Nguy" wrote:

This is what I currently have:
C1=A1+B1
C2=A1+B1+B2
C3=A1+B1+B2+B3
Please help me create a formula so I can drag down column C and it will pick
up B4 and B5 and B6 and so on.
Thank you so much.
Renee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

How about this:

C1: ==SUM($A$1,$B$1:B1)
Copy C1 down as far as needed.

Note the dollar signs in the references.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Renee Nguy" wrote:

This is what I currently have:
C1=A1+B1
C2=A1+B1+B2
C3=A1+B1+B2+B3
Please help me create a formula so I can drag down column C and it will pick
up B4 and B5 and B6 and so on.
Thank you so much.
Renee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

I think you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. Try this:

C1=A1+B1
C2=C1+B2

From this point, you should be able to copy C2 down and get your desired
results.