Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob B

Default return mulitple values Help!!! Excel 2003

I have columns of mfg line, customer, month, weight, and forecast. The same
customer may have forecasts for multiple weights. I would like to be able to
setup a formula to return customer, weight, and forecast if it meets a
specified mfg line and month. My spreadsheet is 7000 rows long and I want to
compare data on a seperate sheet in the workbook.

For example:
Line Customer Weight Month Forecast
A Alpha 10 Mar 300
B Alpha 11 Jan 100
A Alpha 12 Mar 750
A Beta 10 Mar 200

The result for Mar and mfg line A would be:
Alpha 10 300
Beta 10 200
Alpha 12 750
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric_MUC

Hi Bob,

just a simple way to do this without a complicated formula (assuming your
list has no empty rows):

1) Click on any cell in your list and select "Data" - "Filter" - "Autofilter".
2) Select from the dropdown besides "Line" the "A".
3) Select from the dropdown besides "Month" the "Mar".
4) Finally select from the dropdown besides "Weight" the "sort ascending"
(not sure if this entry is called like this in english).

Done. Now you should have your correct list.
FYI:
To disable "Autofilter" simply select "Data" - "Filter" - "Autofilter" again.

Did this idea solve your question?

Best wishes from Germany,
Eric

"Bob B" wrote:

I have columns of mfg line, customer, month, weight, and forecast. The same
customer may have forecasts for multiple weights. I would like to be able to
setup a formula to return customer, weight, and forecast if it meets a
specified mfg line and month. My spreadsheet is 7000 rows long and I want to
compare data on a seperate sheet in the workbook.

For example:
Line Customer Weight Month Forecast
A Alpha 10 Mar 300
B Alpha 11 Jan 100
A Alpha 12 Mar 750
A Beta 10 Mar 200

The result for Mar and mfg line A would be:
Alpha 10 300
Beta 10 200
Alpha 12 750

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob B

Eric,
Thanks for the help. I was trying to over-complicate what I needed. Using
your idea, I then added subtotals for the lines I wanted to review and I
think it will work. Doing it this way requires me to use some basic
calculations where I would have automated them in the seperate sheet, but it
will work fine.

Bob