Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JohnB

Default Stuck Button effect in Excel

I have a problem on a Laptop, the effect is similar to that of the left
button being stuck down although checking the trackpad this seems to be OK.
When the spreadsheet is opened a left click anywhere locks the range to the
cell clicked in and moving the pointer picks up the range of cells, Escape is
ignored, F8 is ignored and tapping shift keys has no effect. If I pull down
to the task bar the cursor changes and I can Right click to close Excel
athough I have to reboot to remove the problem which can then recurr at a
future time. I've tried running Repair and using a USB mouse instead of the
trackpad but once the problem has occurred only a reboot will remove it. Any
ideas?

THANKS

--
John Franks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

None whatsoever.

You may want to include the make and model of your laptop. Maybe someone will
recognize the problem.

In fact, lots of pc manufacturer's have their own discussion groups--some even
"support communities" within their site.

I know I can see lots of discussions (some even on topic!) at
alt.sys.pc-clone.dell newsgroup.