Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
method373

Default Trimming a cell down to 256 Characters

I need to import some stuff up to a SQL DB. The problem is that the
cells that I have to upload contain more than 256 characters each, and
I get error messages. Is there a way to trim the contents of the cell
down to just the first 256 characters in the cell?

It's basically keywords that I'm uploading, so it's ok if they get cut
off at 256, even in the middle of a word.

Thanks, it's been driving me nuts

--
method373
method373's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29888