Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jason2444

Default converts numbers to dates

I need to save a file in a CSV format one of the columns contains years like
04-06 when I reopen the file later it has converted from 04-06 to 6-Apr I
have fromated the cell to text but that dosen't seem to help it always opens
up as 6-Apr. what do I need to do so that whenever I open a file that has
04-06 in the column it opens as 04-06. Any help would be appricated. Excel
2002
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Rename the file .txt
When importing, Excel will ask you what format

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"jason2444" wrote in message
I need to save a file in a CSV format one of the columns contains years
like
04-06 when I reopen the file later it has converted from 04-06 to 6-Apr I
have fromated the cell to text but that dosen't seem to help it always
opens
up as 6-Apr. what do I need to do so that whenever I open a file that has
04-06 in the column it opens as 04-06. Any help would be appricated. Excel
2002

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin Vaughn

If you rename the .csv file to .txt, you will have more control when bringing
the data in.
--
Kevin Vaughn