Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael

Default Time Input

Is there a way that I can easily input a start time and end time
without having to type a colon and an A or P? I have a large amount of
time data to input that I would like to streamline this process in any
way possible.

I would like to enter 830 and have it show at 8:30 AM. The start times
are in the morning the end times are usually the afternoon. Any help
you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

MVB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
streetboarder

I had to do something like this recently so hopefully this can help...

go to custom number field and change one of them to this:
##":"##" P.M.";[Red]##":"##" A.M."

Then you can enter A.M. and P.M. using positive and negative numbers
and no colon.

For instance: 0808 = 8:08 p.m.
while: -0808 = 8:08 a.m (in red)

Change the formating as you need.

Josh

--
streetboarder
streetboarder's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30707

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

Use a help column like in the example below:

830 08:30 00:15 8:45
745 07:45 01:15 9:00
1645 16:45 02:15 19:00
00:00 03:15 3:15

columsn A is your input
column B uses this formula:
=LEFT(TEXT(A1;"0000");2)&":"&RIGHT(TEXT(A1;"0000") ;2)
column C is a time field with an increment
column D adds the increment to the time in column B.

Hope this helps

Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

Hi Streetboarder,

works great for display!

But when I add a time to it it treats it as 00:00?

Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
streetboarder

Hans,

I only needed the format to display on the screen and for report
printing purposes. I haven't needed to do any formulas based on the
cells and I was assuming it isn't possible the way i have it set up.

Maybe some others have better ways of doing it and keeping the time
format?

Josh

--
streetboarder
streetboarder's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30707
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=511135

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LACA

Hans,

I may be wrong, but I think your formula works if you replace the
semi-colons with commas, yes?

--
LACA
LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30381