Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nparrott

Default Formula Help...

Here is my scenario...

I have a spreadsheet that I am tracking data in monthly, for each month
I am comparing the data to the previous years data for the same
timeframe. For example for the month of February I have Feb 1 - Feb 29
down in one column expanding down 29 rows (obviously). Heres the catch,
obviously the data from the previous year is already filled in for all
29 days in February and they all AutoSum at the bottom of the column
giving me the total of the data for the month of February. I am
inputing new data everyday for the current month of February for this
year, which I am also having autosum at the bottom of the column. The
problem comes in when I am wanting to just compare the data "to date"
in both the current year, and the previous year columns. I am
wondering if there is a way when I add the new data to the current year
for it to ONLY add to the same data in the other column for the previous
year w/o having to change the formula on every column. Doing so I would
like it to automatically add up like previously stated everytime I add
new data to the current monthly data... Any help or suggestions are
greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Nick P

--
nparrott
nparrott's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31412

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

I'd combine OFFSET and COUNT... Count will tell you how many days you've got
fill in for the currrent month, and offset can use that to look at the
correct number of days from last year.
The formula would be something like
=sum(offset($A$2,0,0,count($b$2:$b$32),1), assuming last year's data is in A
and the current year is in B, with data for both beginning in row 2.
--Bruce

"nparrott" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nparrott

ok i will give it a try... I will let you know the result!

THANKS!!