Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CMIConnie

Default CTRL+D

Can anyone please tell me what CTRL+D does in Excel 2000? I frequently use
CTRL+F for the find function, but sometimes accidentally hid D and the hour
glass comes up and I eventually have to force Excel to close and I loose all
my changes. Ugh!!! Thank you anyone :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Fill Down (from the EditFill menu)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"CMIConnie" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me what CTRL+D does in Excel 2000? I frequently
use
CTRL+F for the find function, but sometimes accidentally hid D and the
hour
glass comes up and I eventually have to force Excel to close and I loose
all
my changes. Ugh!!! Thank you anyone :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SVC

Ctrl + D means "fill down". Excel is apparently expecting to find something
in the cell and fill it down the column.

"CMIConnie" wrote:

Can anyone please tell me what CTRL+D does in Excel 2000? I frequently use
CTRL+F for the find function, but sometimes accidentally hid D and the hour
glass comes up and I eventually have to force Excel to close and I loose all
my changes. Ugh!!! Thank you anyone :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
via135

enter anything in.. say A1..!

now select a1:a10 or extend upto your wish!

now enter "ctrl+d"

you selection will be filled up with what you have typed in a1! that's
all!

-via135

CMIConnie Wrote:
Can anyone please tell me what CTRL+D does in Excel 2000? I frequently
use
CTRL+F for the find function, but sometimes accidentally hid D and the
hour
glass comes up and I eventually have to force Excel to close and I
loose all
my changes. Ugh!!! Thank you anyone :)

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510707

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Connie,

As many have stated, Ctrl+d executes the "fill down" function.

Why this causes your machine to lock-up I don't know.

Since this happens more often than you'd like, you can record a macro (to do
nothing) and assign it the key combination, Ctrl+d, overriding the fill down
command. That way, you won't risk freezing Excel.

Of course, you won't have a short cut to fill down anymore... :-)