-   -   How do I display fractions in a pull down list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/70553-how-do-i-display-fractions-pull-down-list.html)

lmarti6

How do I display fractions in a pull down list?

I am trying to create a pull down list that contains a list of fractions.
Typing it as follows:
1/8,1/6,1/4
in the Data Validation Source field results in my fractions being converted
to dates.
If I type it like:
'1/8,1/6,1/4'
my list looks like this:
'1/8
1/6
1/4'
I do have the cell formated to be a fraction, but this doesn't seem to help.
Any suggestions?

Ron Coderre

How do I display fractions in a pull down list?

Try something like this as your list:

0 1/8,0 1/6,0 1/4

or
put your list in a range of cells and refer to that range

Does that help?

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro