Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Colin Foster

Default preserving column width format in excel pivot tables

Hi all,

Is there a way to preserve the column formatting on a sheet containing a
pivot table?

At the moment I have a pivot table where the column data has wide text, but
a maximum of double digit (i.e <99) values. So, to avoid the PT being too
wide to fit onto a screen, I've set the headings cell alignment to vertical,
which works fine. Then I set the column width to 4, again, fine for the
first time. However, whenever I refresh or change one of the parameters, the
column width increases - even where this is not required (i.e. because a
wider column has been inserted). Is there a way of preserving the column
widths?

Regards
Colin Foster