Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bjkralik

Default Adding text after text... Is this possible?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a "function" that would allow you to
insert text after text in an entire colum without having to type it in
each one.

What I need to do is add ".jpg" after the image number to an entire
column.

I have almost 10,000 rows in the column with numbers that need ".jpg"
after them.

So basically here is what it would look like...

Instead of:
30495
32485
etc.
etc.

I need:
30495.jpg
32485.jpg
etc.
etc.

Hope that makes sense...

Thanks!

--
bjkralik
bjkralik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31343

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

You can use a formula in another column, e.g. in B1

=A1&".jpg"

and copy down column

You can then copy this column and use

Edit Paste Special Values to copy over your original data in column

daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510326

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc