Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vampiress

Default Control V settings

When I copy from the bar at the top of my excel screen and try pasting into
another cell, the words are split into adjacent individual cells. How do I
change this setting back to normal please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Since you copied from the formula bar, you could paste into the formula bar.

But the problem is the result of a previous Data|Text to column.

Excel likes to help by remembering the parms you used when you ran data|text to
columns.

One way around it is to close excel and reopen it (yech!).

Another way is to select an unused cell
put some dummy data in that cell
data|text to columns
delimited, but uncheck each option