Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

Default How do I copy cells from excel into word without the gridlines?

I am writing a business plan which of course will include a number of charts
and figures. I would like to use Excel to enter the data and then copy it to
Word without gridlines.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

in word, highlight it all, pick Format/Borders and shading/ pick None

"Jake" wrote:

I am writing a business plan which of course will include a number of charts
and figures. I would like to use Excel to enter the data and then copy it to
Word without gridlines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Middleton

Jake -

I suggest you explain what you mean by "it did not work."

In my experience, an Edit | Copy in Excel followed by a Edit | Paste in Word
yields a table in Word, displayed on screen with very light borders but
displayed in Word's Print Preview without any borders (particularly when the
table is formatted the way dlw suggested). Specifically, what is happening
or not happening?

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Jake" wrote:

I am writing a business plan which of course will include a number of
charts
and figures. I would like to use Excel to enter the data and then copy
it to
Word without gridlines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

Correct. It'll print without the grid lines. If you are concerned with
the view in Word, paste--special it as "picture".

Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mphell0

Go to Table-Hide Gridlines

If you have borders placed in excel then you will have to remove them
before
copying to Word or they will always show up.

--
mphell0
mphell0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30153

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron P

"Jake" wrote:

I am writing a business plan which of course will include a number of
charts
and figures. I would like to use Excel to enter the data and then copy
it to
Word without gridlines.

Also in Word under TABLE click on hide gridlines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

Mike,

You are abslutely correct. I had not attempted to print the document and as
you said the table was displayed in Word with light borders. After reading
your reply I printed the document and there are no gridlines.

Thank you so very much!!

Jerry

"Jake" wrote:

I am writing a business plan which of course will include a number of
charts
and figures. I would like to use Excel to enter the data and then copy
it to
Word without gridlines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

flummi,

You are correct. It did print without the gridlines and thanks fo helping
out.

Jake

"flummi" wrote:

Correct. It'll print without the grid lines. If you are concerned with
the view in Word, paste--special it as "picture".

Hans

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

dlw,

Thanks for taking the time to help me with the problem. Your solution
worked after I took the time to pring the document.

Jake

"Jake" wrote:

I am writing a business plan which of course will include a number of charts
and figures. I would like to use Excel to enter the data and then copy it to
Word without gridlines.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

mphello,

I apprecite your response and help. I was able to print the document with
the gridlines.

jake

"mphell0" wrote:

Go to Table-Hide Gridlines

If you have borders placed in excel then you will have to remove them
before
copying to Word or they will always show up.

--
mphell0
mphell0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30153
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509561

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

Ron P

Got it and thanks for your help. It was very much apprecited.

jake