Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin

Default Count

I have a list of suppliers with dollar amounts across from them in a
different cell. I want to be able to total up the amount per supplier. Can
you count the dollar amount by supplier?

Thank You For Your Help,

Kevin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav

Yes have alook at the sumif function

sumif(supplier range,criteria,dollar range)

If the data was in the range a1:b40

sumif(a$1:a4$0,"supplier1",b$1:b$40)

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

If the names are in column A and amounts in B, the total is
=sumif(A:A,"Supplier X",B:B).
You might also consider a Pivot Table; drop the suppliers into the Rows
field and amounts in the data field.
--Bruce