Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lucas

Default permanent cell protection

Hi All,

I'd appreciate very much your suggestion about cell(s) protection.

So on my internship I build a file which might the company in daily
calculations etc. The idea is to make this file available worldwide in the
local Intranet. The file shouldn't be protected by password so that everybody
can download and access it.

The hing is that I'm fine with sharing the file with everybody however I'd
like to put into it a 'signature' (either in a separate worksheet or in few
cells): the info about me & the Team I was working with - that we created it
bla bla bla. What we wanna do is to make it permanent so that nobody can get
rid of this. I know that there is 'cell protection' option but I'm afraid
that somebody might:
a) save the file under different name on their hard drive and/or
b) move the worksheet to another file and/or
c) ...?

Anyway my question is whether you can suggest any idea for such a 'permanent
signature' - anytime somebody uses the file the signature is there AND there
is no option to get rid of this 'signature' (by moving the worksheet, saving
the file under different name, etc.).

Thx,
lucas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EdMac

You can password protect the sheets so that only cells you want to allow
to be altered can - but no password system is ever 100% secure.

Ed

--
EdMac
EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30736