Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robert Sadler

Default *Salvation Army* Importing information from one workbook to another

I intern with the Salvation Army and am looking to update some of their
workbooks.

The story:
We have clients that pay so much for program fees. When they fall
behind their name goes onto a worksheet called Fees.xls

We also have a worksheet that shows all who are currently living at the
shelter called Recap.xls

Each night Recap.xls is updated with new clients.

Both worksheets are set-up the same, A1 on Fees.xls contains the same
info as Recap.xls. The only difference is some names are red on
Fees.xls where they are not highlighted on Recap.xls

The big question!
Recap.xls is updated by our shelter staff each night where Fees.xls are
updated (Turning some names red) twice monthly by our admin staff. Our
admin staff is always asking us to keep the names current on Fees.xls.
We have such turnover being a homeless shelter it would take twice the
time each night to update them both.
Can I just "Link" the info from A1 on Recap.xls to A1 on Fees.xls and
have Fees.xls update automatically when it is opened?

Thanks so much for your help!
God bless,
Robert

--
Robert Sadler
Robert Sadler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18238

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PY & Associates

Default *Salvation Army* Importing information from one workbook to anothe

Can we have a look at the two files please?

"Robert Sadler" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robert Sadler

I would love to but I can’t for confidentiality reasons. I read my
question again and it seems pretty self explanatory. If you have any
questions about them I will try my best to help out.

Thanks for the help!
-Robert

--
Robert Sadler
Robert Sadler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18238
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509205

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PY & Associates

Default *Salvation Army* Importing information from one workbook to an

So we have to guess now.
All your clients are homeless and pay program fees to stay in the shelter.
Their details are in Recap.xls, including tracking of their payment.

We would then suggest to turn the relevant names red in Recap.xls
(programmetically) and let the admin staff use the same file. Get rid of
Fees.xls

"Robert Sadler" wrote:

I would love to but I cant for confidentiality reasons. I read my
question again and it seems pretty self explanatory. If you have any
questions about them I will try my best to help out.

Thanks for the help!
-Robert

--
Robert Sadler
Robert Sadler's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18238
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=509205

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robert Sadler

Recap.xls is what the nighttime staff updates each night. The list is
updated by removing old clients and adding new ones. Fees.xls needs to
have all the same stuff as Recap.xls. The nighttime staff can only
update the client list. The admin staff updates the people that
haven’t paid; all they do is turn some names red while keeping the rest
black. This task needs to be completed by the two different areas
because the nighttime staff doesn’t handle who pays and who doesn’t,
just the admin staff. Since Recap.xls is updated and printed each
night I need Fees.xls to be updated as well without having to do all
the extra footwork.