Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BillCPA

Default Worksheet Limit

Is there a limit to how many worksheets you can have in a workbook?

I have a workbook with a 'base' worksheet that I copy, then rename (for a
particular employee), and place certain data on. All this is done in a macro
- over and over - that I run once a month. I'm up to about 175 worksheets
required.

The macro worked fine today until there were about 12-15 employees left to
process, then gave me an error that it could not use the copy function. I
switched to the workbook, selected the 'base' worksheet, and tried creating a
copy under the 'Edit' option. It went through the process without giving an
error, but did not create the new worksheet. I was, however, able to
'Insert' a worksheet and manually do a 'select all' copy and paste of the
'base' to the inserted worksheet.

Any idea why the macro .Copy might have quit working?

--
Bill @ UAMS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

for what it's worth it was Chip Pearson who posted that recently,
it was Tom Ogilvy who tested it many years ago (probably about 8 years ago).

For things that have specified limits you would find those listed in HELP
"specification limits" including a few that don't have actual limits.