Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jaybird74

Default How do you use a comma as the line terminator when saving to csv?

I can save an excel worksheet as a .csv file. However, I expected the line
terminator to be a comma. It appears that there is not any line terminator.
Is there any way to set the line terminator to a comma?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"Jaybird74" wrote in message
I can save an excel worksheet as a .csv file. However, I expected the line
terminator to be a comma. It appears that there is not any line
terminator.
Is there any way to set the line terminator to a comma?

Are you trying to import the csv into another program which REQUIRES a line
terminator?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

The standard line terminator in a csv file is a carriage return. What are
you doing that requires a comma? Anyway, you will have to open the csv file
in word and replace Paragraph Mark with ,Paragraph Mark. (click on More and
Special to get the paragraph mark)