Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Quagmire

Default HOW TO CREATE A FORMULA TO AUTOMATICALLY INSERT THE DATE

I am trying to build a formula & arguement for a spreadsheet fashioned after
a journal or daily log. What I want to have happen is for example, if I were
to type text into cell A1, cell A2 would display the date in which the text
was entered into cell A1. More or less a date stamp...I have tried several
different ways but excel does not like my attempts. Thanks in advance to
anyone who can help.