Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tripp

Default sending email from excel not working

I need help. I am using Excel 2002. Outlook express is my default email
(Triple Checked). When I hit the sendto email, it opens asks for email
address like always. When it sends it goes to the outlook outbox and not
the OE outbox.!! It used to work, but not now. When I tell excel to send as
an attachment, it goes to OE outbox.

In Word, they all go to Outlook Express like it should. Why is Outlook
hijacking the email msgs Generated thru Excel? There isn't even an email
account setup in Outlook. Just 50 msgs in the outbox!!

Tripp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi Tripp

Have you checked it in
StartSettingsControl Panel....Internet options (Program Tab)

Change it with Excel closed

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Tripp" wrote in message ...
I need help. I am using Excel 2002. Outlook express is my default email (Triple Checked). When I hit the sendto email, it opens
asks for email address like always. When it sends it goes to the outlook outbox and not the OE outbox.!! It used to work, but not
now. When I tell excel to send as an attachment, it goes to OE outbox.

In Word, they all go to Outlook Express like it should. Why is Outlook hijacking the email msgs Generated thru Excel? There
isn't even an email account setup in Outlook. Just 50 msgs in the outbox!!

Tripp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You have one reply in .excel

(do more than verify OE, change it something else, hit ok and change it back.
Maybe it'll wake up excel/windows.)