Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jrw562

Default When I try to sort in Excel only part of the table sorts

I have a spread sheet with 10 columns when I try to sort on date - the second
column only the first four columns sort.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Anne Troy

You mean only the first 4 rows in the 2nd column? Please see: Data Isn't
Recognized he
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"jrw562" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet with 10 columns when I try to sort on date - the
second
column only the first four columns sort.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you select the complete range yourself, then do data|sort, it'll work ok.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jrw562

No - I have some kind of range set up and all of the first four columns sort
correctly but nothing in the other 6 columns changes.

"jrw562" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet with 10 columns when I try to sort on date - the
second
column only the first four columns sort.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jrw562

That works if I am sorting date and the dates are the first column. But if
the date is the second column when I select range (ten columns) and go back
to click on date column to sort on I loose the range selection.

jrw562 wrote:

I have a spread sheet with 10 columns when I try to sort on date - the second
column only the first four columns sort.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Select your range, then use Data|Sort from the menu bar.

I do my best not to use those a-z and z-a icons. I think they cause more
trouble than they're worth.