Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
50pingviner

Default Repost:Synchronizing two sheets within the same workbook

Hi,

I have two sheets within the same workbook, where I would like changes
in one sheet to automatically also change the other sheet.

It is not the entire sheet that should be synchronized, but rather a
part of the sheet. To illustrate you might imagine a square in the
middle of the sheet, which needs to change accordingly with the other
sheet such that if a line is inserted in sheet 1, it is also inserted
in sheet 2.

The import external data function can actually synchronize between
sheets, by updating on the refresh button, I would like a similar
functionality within the workbook.

I hope someone will know what to do here.

Thx. in advance.

Lars

--
50pingviner
50pingviner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29298

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Personally, I wouldn't do it.

You'll end up having to depend on macros and if macros are disabled (or events
are disabled), your data will soon be out of sync--and you may not notice it.
In fact, if something happens that you didn't program for, then you could be
screwing something up.

How about an alternative:

Keep your live data in one worksheet--that's where the data entry will be done.

Then select that range
Edit|Copy
Select the area on the other sheet where this should be displayed.
Shift-Edit|Paste picture link

The picture will update automatically when the original data changes (which is
nice). But any calculations will need to point at the original range--not the
picture.

50pingviner wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
50pingviner

wow interesting.. thx. I didn't know that functionality. That might do
the trick