Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stapleton2308

Default Help Help Help Help!!!!!

Please can someone help - im fairly new to excel, and what i want to do
is know how to use a combo box. I've gone onto the control toolbox
toolbar, and seen the drop down bar, but where do i put the data i want
to be in it???? I've used the validation one in the past, but i dont
want to use this again. I just want a standard drop down bar which i
can move whereever. Also, i would like to use the autocomplete option
as well. Please help!!!

--
stapleton2308
stapleton2308's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30878

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Big Chris

Not sure how the detail pasted in below will look to you, but it's the
way I always put it together. Easy when you know....and a great little
tool.

And I have no idea about AutoComplete I'm afraid - but hope this gets
you going in the meantime.

Have a great day!

Chris

A B C D E
1 Cell Link input range
2 2 1 Apple
3 2 Orange
4 3 Pear
5 4 Cherry

=VLOOKUP(A2,D2:D5,2,FALSE) This is the value you want to return from
the Combo Box choice.

--
Big Chris

Very experienced with excel in general and formulae but just started to
learn VBA....and it's hard!!
Big Chris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1350
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505670

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stapleton2308

i cant seem to make that work, do i have to use VBA for it, if so what
do i need to do as i aint gotta clue!!!

--
stapleton2308
stapleton2308's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30878
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505670

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Setup a list of values,a nd set the ListFillRange property to those cells,
say M1:M10.

To set that property, go to design mode (click the blue-green triangle on
the control toolbox toolbar), and then double-click the combo. This takes
you to the VB IDE, make sure properties window is open (Ctrl-G), and set
that property. Exit design mode and go.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"stapleton2308"
wrote in message
news:stapleton2308.22agvy_1138357801.2656@excelfor um-nospam.com...

i cant seem to make that work, do i have to use VBA for it, if so what
do i need to do as i aint gotta clue!!!

--
stapleton2308
stapleton2308's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505670

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stapleton2308

thanks bob - yeah it worked, also, once ive for example typed the first
few letters it will then display the match, i then want to be able to
press the TAB button so it moves to the next cell, is that possible?
Also, if i was to type letters/words that didn't appear in the drop
down, can i get it to say something like 'not in list'??