Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stapleton2308

Default Anyone Know How???

I've been using data/validation/list to use as a drop down bar, not sure
if this is the right way, but anyway. As i've got loads of entrys in it,
it takes me ages to find the particular one! Correct me if im wrong, but
isn't there a way where you can type the first letter, ie R, then it
would drop down to the first one which begins with R (the list would be
in alphabetical order). then as you type more letters it narrows it down
to the one you want??? If this is the case how is it possible, i've see
those combo box thingies (bare with me im fairly new to excel), but is
that quite in depth to do this or not???

Would be gratful if someone can help!!!

--
stapleton2308
stapleton2308's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30878

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi Stapleton,

See Debra Dalgleish at:

and

---
Regards,
Norman

"stapleton2308"
wrote in message
news:stapleton2308.229t1m_1138326900.5288@excelfor um-nospam.com...

I've been using data/validation/list to use as a drop down bar, not sure
if this is the right way, but anyway. As i've got loads of entrys in it,
it takes me ages to find the particular one! Correct me if im wrong, but
isn't there a way where you can type the first letter, ie R, then it
would drop down to the first one which begins with R (the list would be
in alphabetical order). then as you type more letters it narrows it down
to the one you want??? If this is the case how is it possible, i've see
those combo box thingies (bare with me im fairly new to excel), but is
that quite in depth to do this or not???

Would be gratful if someone can help!!!

--
stapleton2308
stapleton2308's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505595

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Not by using validation, you can use a combobox and validation

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"stapleton2308"
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stapleton2308

thanks mate, had a look at it, but is there anyway so it's got nothing
to do with the validation cells, and it picks the list from somewhere
else?

--
stapleton2308
stapleton2308's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30878
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=505595

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stapleton2308

stapleton2308 Wrote:
thanks mate, had a look at it, but is there anyway so it's got nothing
to do with the validation cells, and it picks the list from somewhere
else?

ighghkj gigbnk,m nkbn

--
stapleton2308

[...]