Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DawnS

Default File write protection with copy/paste

Hello,
My supervisor has a write-protected Excel document that we use for
reporting. He wants to keep this document as a master but give me a copy that
is not write-protected to utilize for generating the reports for him.
Yesterday I copied and pasted the entire document into a new document and
saved the new copy to use for the weekly reports. This gave me a document
that was not write-protected. Today, when I attempted to do the same thing
the document copied as write-protected document requiring a password for
access.

Any ideas why copy/paste works one day and not the next? Any tips for a
better solution? Thanks for any help you can give.

Dawn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi Dawn

Save a copy of the original file as a Template.
Save As choose Excel Template with a .xlt extension.
When you double click on the file, it will open a copy of the file which
you can then complete and save as any other name you require.

--
Regards

Roger Govier