Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nander

Default How to express range of Percentages

Inventory Error Rate Penalty
0-1.0% 0.00%
1.0-1.5% 5.00%
1.5-2.0% 10.00%
2.0-2.5% 15.00%
2.50%+ 20.00%

When my inventory is off by a percentage of sales my managers get a
penalty based on the error rate. How do I express the listed ranges
above in a formula so that given a certain error rate the penalty is
calculated. For example a Manager's year end bonus is $5,000. The error
rate is 1.25% therefore he would be penalized 5% or $250.00.

--
nander
nander's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6156

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Put this data ina table, say M1:N20

0 0
1 0.05
1.5 0.1
2 0.15
2.5 0.2

and then use this formula to get the penalty rate

=VLOOKUP(D1,M1:N20,2)

assuming that D1 holds the inventory

--

HTH