Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
arcticale

Default vlook up

I want to sort my spreadsheet using the venod me. however not all lines have
vendor name. Rather, the vendor name is within the text in column a. Usually
in the middle. Is there a way to do a vlookup and say the vendor name of all
in column a that contains the word 'elite' is "Elite Services?

If I do a vlook up, what should be the formula. If it's not possible in
vlook up, is there anyway i can do this.

thanks,
del
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

The Vendor's names can probably be extracted out of your column A using the
TEXT functions of LEFT, RIGHT, MID, etc.....but the exact method depends
heavily on what your data looks like. Is there any similarity of the data
in column A?
Post a few typical cell values and it will give us a better idea......(use
phoney names if you wish, but keep the structure the same)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"arcticale" wrote in message
I want to sort my spreadsheet using the venod me. however not all lines

have
vendor name. Rather, the vendor name is within the text in column a.

Usually
in the middle. Is there a way to do a vlookup and say the vendor name of

all
in column a that contains the word 'elite' is "Elite Services?

If I do a vlook up, what should be the formula. If it's not possible in
vlook up, is there anyway i can do this.

thanks,
del

vlook up Sean Excel Worksheet Functions 1 July 14th 05 11:04 PM
Vlook up question - I think ? Anthony Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 7th 05 12:02 PM
VLOOK Adnan Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 18th 05 04:30 PM
How do I use drop down list selections/values in a vlook up formu. CL Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 19th 05 10:39 PM
"Vlook up + IF" paula smith Excel Worksheet Functions 2 November 28th 04 03:20 PM