Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
InfoLisa

Default matching cells

I have three columns that containt text (100's of names) and I need to
match one column to the next to see where duplicates may be. What is
the best way to do this?

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vezerid

Assuming data start in A1 and occupy three columns.

Insert two columns between A:A and B:B. Next to A1 enter the formula:

=COUNTIF(D:E, A1)<1

and copy down. Apply Data|Filter|AutoFilter and select the rows that
display TRUE in B:B. Select and erase those data.

Delete the inserted columns B:C. Repeat the process between original
columns B:C. Use in C1:

=COUNTIF(F:F, B1)<1

At the end of the second round all three columns will contain globally
unique data. COpy and paste in a single column if desired
(recommended).

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc