Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WSI

Default Excel Split into new sheet by change in column (subtotal)

I have a sheet exported from ACT that we need to get information from into
another Agency management system.
The sheet has columns that include customer name, contact info, and notes.
The number of notes (rows) is different with each customer. What I would
like to do is extract notes for a specific customer, and create a new
workbook with it.
I believe there might be a way if I subtotal on each change in company, but
I can't find it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
See example below -
Before -
Date |Company |Notes
01/01/2004| #1 |Steve is a great guy
01/10/2005| #1 |He Really is
01/25/2006| #2 |Any help or advice
01/30/2006| #2 |would be great
02/25/2006| #2 |Thanks!

So from that I would like to be able to automatically create 2 seperate
workbooks, one named #1 with the first 2 rows (Not including header), and one
named #2 with the last 3.
Thanks in advance -
-Shane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish and Ron de Bruin have samples that you may like. Ron's addin
may be sufficient right out of the box.

Debra's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

And Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

You may be able to modify them to use separate workbooks--I think as they're
written, they create separate sheets in the same workbook.

WSI wrote:

I have a sheet exported from ACT that we need to get information from into
another Agency management system.
The sheet has columns that include customer name, contact info, and notes.
The number of notes (rows) is different with each customer. What I would
like to do is extract notes for a specific customer, and create a new
workbook with it.
I believe there might be a way if I subtotal on each change in company, but
I can't find it. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
See example below -
Before -
Date |Company |Notes

--